Monday, January 4, 2010

Public Enemies

Alright, I admit that I wanted to see this movie because one of my favorite actors is in the leading role, and that's really the honest truth. The movie in truth was simply well done. (Which I'm sure was not simple at all.) The writing was really great and the different scenes and shots were (forgive the slang) cool looking. One of the scenes where Dillinger and his accomplices walk into a bank job comes to mind as one of the most memorable in the entire movie. I liked the wardrobe that was used and the manner in which the scene was composed. The intended feeling of chaos in the scene was unmistakable and (again, for lack of a better expression) cool looking. I'd say that another one of the best scenes is one that never actually happened in reality. It takes place in the jail where Dillinger was being held. The investigator who is chasing him confronts Dillinger. The dialogue ends in a "catch me if you can" scenario that also involves a "go ahead I dare you" sentiment. I'm revising this post which means that I saw this one months ago but I'd still recommend it to whoever hasn't seen it. It is a little bit long (over 2 hrs.) but is totally worth the time. Seriously, grab a snack and enjoy one of my favorite movies of the last year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment