Sunday, January 6, 2013

Speaking of Twilight....

I first wrote about this series the night before the New Moon installment premiered in 2010. It has been a couple of months since the fourth and final section premiered in theatres. To that I say finally and thank G-d. That stuff bothered me from the first moment because I still don't know how or why vampires sparkle. Who came up with that? Glitter does not add edge it just adds glitter, which frankly is not appropriate for characters that are supposed to be terrifying. Nope. The other thing that I really could not get past was the whole vampire baby element. What exactly was that about? That of course happened before Bella turned into a vampire. Now, you would think that would make the character more interesting but this is simply not the case. So in short, the characters were strange and the writing needed help. The only positive I found in the series was Robert Pattinson. I didn't like the character Edward, but I'm still going to keep an eye out for other movies starring Pattinson because I really think he is a good actor. Remember Me and Water for Elephants are great examples of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment