Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Credo...

I love movies-plain and simple. I also am picky about lines and plot. Seriously, a clunky line can throw a movie into "blahville" (well at least that's my opinion). I've taken two film courses and they were some of my favorite classes in college and no I wasn't a film major or minor. I have been watching movies since childhood and my first favorite movie that I can recall was GhostBusters. Yep, I knew all of the lines and I still chuckle when the character Lewis gets locked out of his apartment (classic).

I like independent film and I also like foreign film as long as subtitles are involved. It really bothers me when foreign films are dubbed in English because the language never matches up when the actors speak and ideas sometimes get lost in translation, and so subtitles are preferable.

Watching a movie involves an investment of both time and cash so picky-ness is needed.(ex. I was at home trying to watch Giant. Its a very long James Dean movie (2 VHS tapes) that I just could not sit through. Films that are very long and uneventful are not preferable.

Also, props to the people responsible for the production of motion pictures (writers, directors, actors, producers, etc...). Making movies takes a lot of work and time as well as money. So, in short, rock on all of you.!

No comments:

Post a Comment